A Simple Yet Thoughtful Father’s Day Gift He Will Love
As Father’s Day approaches, we are reminded of special moments with our fathers like how we used to watched them transforming to ‘Santa Claus’ in the bathroom and wanting to look like them.
Here’s what you need to make the shaving cream:
• ⅓ cup coconut oil
• ⅓ cup shea butter (or cocoa butter)
• ¼ cup olive, jojoba, or sweet almond oil
• 2 tablespoon liquid castile soap
• 5-6 drops Vitamin E oil (optional)
• 10-20 drops of essential oils in any combination
• Storage container (like a mason jar or similar lidded canister)
Essential Oil Combinations:
• Eucalyptus Mint (5 drops lavender, 5 drops eucalyptus, 5 drops peppermint)
• Cedar Eucalyptus (12 drops cedar, 7 drops eucalyptus)
• Rosemary Mint (10 drops rosemary, 5 drops peppermint)
1. Melt the coconut oil & shea butter in a double boiler or a small saucepan over low heat (cut down on active time by warming the oils in a slow cooker set to low).
2. Once the coconut oil and shea butter have melted to a translucent state, remove from heat and add the olive oil, castile soap, and Vitamin E oil, whisking thoroughly to combine. Once the mixture has cooled slightly, add the essential oils and stir well (if you prefer a shave cream that includes an exfoliator, add a teaspoon or two of baking soda to the mixture at this time).
3. Refrigerate mixed ingredients in a bowl for at least an hour, or until cooled and solidified.
4. Whip the chilled butter mixture with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, transfer to an airtight jar or container, and enjoy. Store in a cool, dark place, or even in the fridge.
As shown above, we are using natural ingredients for the shaving cream, so it actually works great for dad with sensitive skin!
P.S. This shaving cream works for arms and feet hair removal too! ;)